Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday at the Beasley home


Today we skipped out on church. We do not usually do this, but my 15 passenger van is in the shop. We are renting a suburban right now. I am in love with this SUV. I am now convinced that I want to get a new suburban for when I do not have all the kids in the car with me. When school starts i will no longer be homeschooling all the kids so I will only have 4 with me.
I will only be homeschooling one child my middle daughter Gracie. She was born with Celiac disease. This made her throw up all the time. She would get so embarrassed at school that they would call me all the time to pick her up, so that's why I started homeschooling to begin with. So,now she has asked again to still be home schooled because she still has so much fear. This will be my first year that I have not home schooled at least half of my kids. I am not even going to know what to do with all my time.
Today I will be giving up 2 of my foster puppies that I have had since they were 2 days old. I had bottle fed them for so long. I am so upset about letting them go, and nobody understands me. I have yet to meet someone that loves dogs as much as I do. It kills me to let them go. I know thought that they are going to a great home that I picked for them, so I have to just keep telling myself that this is best. The kids do not even care so much, only Emma , my 4 year old.
Next week the 2 Leeska and Nessie have their eye surgeries. This will help them to see better and help their eyes to not cross. I'm hoping that this will help their balance as well so that they can walk better.
We are trying to start the process to become a foster home soon. There is a lot we have to get ready for because after you have more than 6 kids in your home you have to be a group home. In order to do this you have to do alot more to be licenced. We have to almost make our home like a business. We have to put sprinkler systems inside our home and things like that. We also have to have 2 adults at home at all times, so we are going to hire a nanny to help out. I want to foster babies, not so much adopt them, but just foster. I'm hoping that this will be a rewarding experience for all of us. Please pray this will go smoothly for us. Thanks, Leah

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog. I love hearing you just talk. I am always mesmerized by how you do your day to day life with 10 kids. And I am most thrilled to hear that you need help with cooking meals. I struggle with cooking at home so much (we eat out most of the time) and I want so badly to get better with it. I look forward to keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete