Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lonely home

Older picture to the left!!
I don't know where to begin. This may sound crazy to some, but only having 5 kids at home feels so lonely!!! I only have the three babies, Grace my 10 year old homeschooler, and Emma my 4 yr. old home right now. The house is so calm as the babies sleep, and I'm not sure what to do.
The kids had a great first day at school, but not so much on the bus home. As I waited for my kids to get off the bus, my 2 first graders did not get off. My boys said they never even got on. I was in a panic as I drove to the school. When I got there they had no idea where they were. After waiting for about 15 minutes a bus driver called saying she had the wrong kids on her bus. We knew it was them. I was very impressed with my girls because somehow they got on the wrong bus going to our old address. When the bus driver told them to get off at our old home they told her that we no longer lived there. I was so glad that they didn't just get off and sit there. Then I found out that my older girl gave the bus driver my cell phone number. She has never even called this number, so I was amazed that she even knew it. All in all everything ended up well. The girls did just as they should have. It makes you feel good when they handle scary situation's very well!! Granted they do not want to the ride the bus again, I can handle that!!
These pictures on top are of Noelle and Haily, my first graders!! Even though I'm lonely without all my kids, its nice to have a small break at times!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating! Your kids are cute AND smart! I thought maybe I should clarify why I gave you the blog address in the last post. I have been reading it for the last couple years and Christine is always honest about what is really happening. It reminded me of your blog. I in no way wanted to compare you to their family or suggest you have the same experiences because you both have lots of kids. I am the oldest of 8, and people often compare us to the Duggars. I am quick to straighten them out and point out that there is a big difference between having 8 and 19 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to look up your blog, but it will not let me. Can you give it to me the next time you comment. Thanks! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a personal blog, other than the one I did for a college project last year. It is about how young women should dress modestly. I had a very liberal teacher, and she just about had a fit when I said I was going to do my project on modesty! LOL! It can be found at www.modestyforyoungwomen.blogspot.com

    I enjoy following the adventures of adoptive couples, and hope to adopt my own kids in a few years. I comend you for continuing it after you brought the kids home. I hate it when people stop posting as soon as they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any kids now? Do you know what agency you would use or anything like that?? We want to adopt again, but I do not know when we will. We are waiting for God to show us. We used our 401k to adopt these babies and we still need to pay that off first!!

    ReplyDelete