Friday, August 13, 2010

Fear!


Well, things are still the same with my daughter Haily. I have a therapy appointment set up for the both of us. I'm hoping that they can tell us why the same things happen over and over.
Today the issue seems to be my second daughter. She is my biological daughter. Gracelyyn has so much fear!! We tr
y to think back about how this started and we just can not seem to find anything to traumatic. The only thing that we can think of was when she was 4 years old. Gracelyyn was born with celiac disease so she was going to get an endoscopy at the hospital. When we got there they made me leave as she screamed out for me. I tried to comfort her as the doctors pushed me out the door. I watched through the door as they put the gas mask on her and she fought them. It broke my heart and I will never allow that to happen again. Gracie talk about that a lot so we can only think about that as something bad that happened to her. Grace wants to sleep in our room all the time, and she never wants to go to her class at church, and she is still the only one that wants to be home schooled. Gracie is 10!!! Yes, 10!! She should not have this much fear for a 10 year old. We make her go to bed in her room, but she always comes in at about midnight. I'm not sure what to do, do I not let her come in?? Do I make her stay in her room scared?? Does this make her fear worse?
Gracelyyn has a little friend that is h
er best friend. She is the sweetest little girl that loves Grace. Her friend has spent the night so many times here, but Now she wants Grace to spend the night there. Well, My husband is on his way to pick Grace up right now because she is crying that she is scared. Tony my husband is very mad about it. I know it is frustrating , but I don't think he should be mad. I just feel bad for Gracies friend. She really does not get why she will not spend the night.
The school thing is my next concern. I started homeschooling because Grace got sick with the celiac, and throwing up all the time. Now that all the kids have decided to go back to school we want her to. She has been so upset about it that she started throwing up again. So now we told her we would homeschooling her again because if she starts throwing up again at school they just send her home and she fails school because she misses so much. It makes us crazy. We want her to go to school because we feel like we are giving her to many options. We feel like if we send her maybe she will just be OK in the end. We d
id that her kinder year, but that was the year she started making herself throw up and they started sending her home. She learned how to make her own self throw up in kinder . That's so sad to me, and scary. I'm terrified she would start to do that again. I'm not sure what to do about all this fear. It goes against what God wants us to teach our children, and what we keep telling her. God wants us to trust him and to not be afraid. She just has so much fear!!
I'm thinking that when we go to the therapist next week we will see one fo
r Gracie as well. I just need might need one to by the time this week is over!! Just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thank you for your comment on my blog. I skimmed through your posts and your children are just precious! This post in particular tugs at my heart. My 10 year old suffers from celiac disease as well AND fear. My husband and I feel strongly that the Lord has placed us in a position of helping her through these issues. I know 10 years old may seem big, but it is still such a little girl. My oldest (who is adopted) dealt with fear greatly and I have watched her thrive and grow immensely these past 7 years right in our home, under our protection. She is now a confident 17 year old who loves the Lord. Since you asked, I would definitely not leave your daughter alone to fear. She needs you. And she may very well need you every moment of every day right now. Just being near you, helping you with all the other children could do wonders in building security in her precious little heart!
    You don't know me, but please do know that I am praying for you and Gracie! And for both you and your husband to have wisdom!

    ReplyDelete