Monday, August 16, 2010

Broken Hearts

Today it has happened again. My daughter Haily has gotten into trouble again. I do not know what to do. I am blogging just to keep away from her right not.
It started out that she was to throw away something. While she went through the kitchen I saw her pick something off the ground and eat it. I knew right away she found food on the ground, so I went up to her and told her to open her mouth. When I did she shook her head no. OK, so now I'm getting mad. I told her again to open her mouth again, she then closed her mouth so tight and looked away, so I then started to try to open her mouth just to see what she had eaten. While I was attempting to open her mouth , she bit me!!!!!! I could not believe that she actually bit me. I then really opened her mouth to see what she had eaten just to make sure she had really taken something. Of course, she did. Now had she just asked me if she could have whatever she had found, I would have given it to her and she knows that. That's what I do not understand. She gets what she wants or asks for so it does not make sense to me. I then sent her to my room and put her in time out where she will be for awhile for biting me.
This entire thing could have been avoided if she has just asked. The other reason its a big deal is because she just got out of time out or got out of being grounded. Every time we give her the freedom to just walk around she gets into everything. She cuts things up, or her hair, or she steals things, then she always always lies about everything!! I can not do this anymore!! I feel like I'm going crazy and I do not have the energy to deal with this. I'm doing something wrong and I do not know what it is. We give her her one on one time, we make her feel loved. Even today when she was in trouble I explained to her that we loved her so much and that she was hurting our feelings because she would not listen to us. I told her that mommy and daddy loved her and wanted her to not lie or steal so that she would stay out of trouble.
I'm finding a therapist today to see this week. I do not have a lot of faith in them because of past history with my middle son, but I'm praying that this works. I'm praying that someone can understand her head and what she thinks, and why she can not just listen. She has so much love and can be such a sweet little girl. Everyone loves her at first sight. They can not believe that she does the things she does when I tell them.
Please pray for our little girl and our family as we go through this trial right now. I want Haily to know that we love her and that we will always be here, but she needs to understand that she can not do the things that she is doing as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, it sounds like you have your hands full! You must feeling overwhelmed! It's a busy time with school starting and re-establishing your schedule.

    Just remember that negative attention is STILL attention... You might consider talking to the therapist about positive reinforcement and see what they think.

    Best wishes! Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, have you read Parenting The Hurt Child? It's a great book!

    Email me if you want me to send you my copy!!! nobabynoblog at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete