Friday, October 8, 2010

Almost a year



The weather changing reminds me so much of getting ready to leave a year ago for the Ukraine. It was this time last year that we got our date to meet our babies. I have been reading another blog of this darling little baby named Makayla. The poor mom is having a terrible time over there right now. It brought back soooo many memories for me. I went back and re-read my blog and saw that our post were so depressing as well. I knew then that I was very negative and kept apologizing for it. The people leaving comments on this ladies blog are sooo hateful. They keep telling her she should not adopt this baby then. I feel so bad for her because this was such a hard time to begin with, then you have people like that telling you that you should not even adopt because you are depressed. It made me so angry. I missed my other kids back at home so much that it really ruined my trip. I was trapped inside a small apartment all day and could not eat any of the food there, and it snowed so much every day. It was just not the same experience so many people are having now. I wish I could have made it more positive, but what matters most is now, what happens after you get home. Its the time with your family after you adopt that is so important. Your time there is so short lived and really not that big of a deal. I'm happy now that I look back that I went and got to see where my babies came from and the country that they lived in.
I'm doing better here with the drama here with the neighbor. She is still very evil and the things she said about me still sting,but I not letting it get me down.
We are praying that Tony gets the new job in Dallas soon. If we do, we should be moving before December. We are trying to get a home out in the country so that we can have horses and a lot of farm animals. This is what we have dreamed of having for a very long time and I hope that this would be the last time that we move for a long time.
I'm going to end this now with some pictures of some of the kids just playing around. Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment