Monday, December 20, 2010

Loving the Holidays




I'm not sure if I had ever mentioned before that my husband Tony was adopted when he was 10 days old. The entire time I have known Tony he has always talked a little bit about his biological parents and who they were, and where they were. This year Tony, and I finally set out to find them.
Well, we did it!!! After looking for almost a year, we found them. They were shocked at first and a bit stand offish, but they came around. Now I get to sit back and watch this beautiful relationship build over very emotional emails. It has been so beautiful to me. The things his bio-parents say to him are so heartfelt. They say exactly what I believe Tony needed to hear. They were 16 and to young, but loved him so much. They talk about how they wanted to hold him and hug him so bad.
Today they sent another letter telling Tony this year they were giving their parents, (Tony's grandparents), the best Christmas gift of all, the gift of finding Tony. They will set them down and tell them that they finally found him. I thought that was so sweet and touching. Now the next step I guess is to try to meet them!! Its just exciting. I'm sure they about died when they saw we had 10 kids, but isn't everyone. They are very strong Christian people, just like Tony.
Well, that's our exciting news for now. The kids are all doing great and getting ready for the big day!!
Me and Tony have been talking a lot about adopting again, but right now we can not agree on what child, what age, and what place. Tony wants to wait until our move is over and we know where we will be. As for me there are two babies on Reece's Rainbow that I would love to adopt right now!!
Our house is still on the market and we are suppose to close on it March 2Nd. Then we will have to say goodbye t all our friends here and move away from this home, and place we have loved for so long. I will miss everyone here so dearly.
For now I will leave you with some pictures that we have taken over the past few months of our 10 wonderful kids. We feel truly blessed this year with everything that God has given to us!! On the 24Th it will be one year that we adopted our children!! What a wonderful year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment